On September 8, 2023, a Memorandum of Cooperation was signed between the National Research Foundation of Ukraine and the State Organization “Ukrainian National Office of Intellectual Property and Innovations” (IP Office).
The purpose of the Memorandum is to coordinate efforts in stimulating fundamental and applied research, developing the national research area and its integration into the global research area, as well as legal protection of intellectual property rights and assistance in building an innovative environment free from infringement of intellectual property rights.
In accordance with the Memorandum, the NRFU and the IP Office expressed their intention to cooperate in the following areas:
- interaction in research-reviewing and research-advisory activities, expertise of research results from the point of view of whether they contain potential objects of intellectual property rights;
- organization and holding of joint research, scientific and practical events, mainly conferences, seminars, round tables, trainings, etc;
- joint preparation, review and release of research, educational, methodological and practical publications;
- informational, advisory and effective assistance to NRFU grantees in providing their research results with the status of legally protected intellectual property rights;
- popularization of the results of scientific knowledge and research;
- support for the transfer of research results to the real sector of the economy, advisory and other assistance to NRFU grantees and representatives of the real sector of the economy to improve the efficiency of such transfer processes, etc.
From now on, institutions will coordinate their efforts to jointly develop the educational, research and innovative potential of Ukraine.
For more information about the activities of the IP Office, please visit the official website: https://ukrpatent.org/en